Shoosmiths has one of the most active and dynamic corporate teams in the UK and our reach extends internationally, helping businesses around the world.
Our corporate team advises public and private companies, partnerships, management teams, investors, and debt providers through every stage of the business life cycle. Whatever your needs, we are here to advise and assist businesses at every stage of their business life cycle and our corporate services do not simply stop with the UK.
We deal in inbound and outbound work as well as across multiple jurisdictions, using one of the largest corporate teams in the UK and our network of law firms around the world. We advise on a wide range of specialisms including:
We have award winning and leading expertise in these areas and are supported by strong sector expertise and our specialists in areas such as real estate, regulatory, employment and tax.
Inbound UK corporate
For businesses looking to establish and build their presence in the UK, our corporate team can assist in many ways including:
- Advising on business structures and incorporation
- Mergers & acquisitions and direct investment
- Joint ventures and partnering arrangements
- In depth sector knowledge and regulatory expertise
We are regularly ranked in the top 3 by volume for M&A deals in the UK and, coupled with our sector knowledge, help negotiate and deliver transactions to client needs adding real value in the process.
Multi-jurisdictional and outbound work
We also advise and assist businesses on multi-jurisdictional corporate work and transactions and use our international network of law firms, including through our membership of the World Services Group. This enables us to draw upon the best possible expertise to support clients on their international projects of all shapes and sizes anywhere in the world.
Recent cross-border experience includes:
- Advising Sandbox International Holdings Limited, a millennial learning company which focuses on digital products, services and platforms for families, children and teachers on its Spanish acquisition of Edujoy and TellMeWow – two education companies based in Bilbao
- Advising Easypark, a parking tech company operating across 25 countries and over 3000 cities, on its acquisition of ParkNow
- Advising on the acquisition of MSite, a workforce management system provider for the construction sector, by Infobric who were backed by Norway-based Summa Equity