Aimee is a Senior Associate in Shoosmiths' Dispute Resolution team, based in the Thames Valley. Aimee advises clients on complex, high value commercial disputes, acting for clients primarily in the Energy, Technology, Logistics and Automotive sectors.
Aimee acts on cases in the English High Court and has experience of commercial and investor-state arbitration, and mediation.
Aimee's experience is particularly focused on:
- outsourcing disputes;
- corporate and shareholder disputes;
- procurement challenges;
- professional negligence claims; and
- restrictive covenant disputes.
Recent work includes:
- acting for a major communications company to successfully negotiate a pre-action settlement of a multi-million pound outsourcing dispute;
- acting for the defendant company in a substantial High Court claim regarding alleged breaches of a shareholder agreement (successfully settled pre-trial);
- successfully protecting the interests of various pharmaceutical clients in respect of procurement challenges; and
- successfully avoiding a potential injunction in respect of alleged breaches by the clients of restrictive covenants in an employment contract.
Aimee studied Law with French at the University of Sheffield and the University of Geneva. Aimee trained, qualified and practised in the City from 2010 to 2017. Aimee has practised in the Thames Valley since 2018 and joined Shoosmiths in 2022.