Stephen is a specialist regulatory criminal defence lawyer and advises companies, directors and individuals on regulatory compliance across a range of sectors including advertising and marketing compliance (including sales promotions, prize promotions and Gambling Act compliance); food and drink (labelling, marketing, nutrition and health claims, allergens, PPDS [prepacked for direct sale] and HFSS [high in fat, salt and sugar] food compliance); product safety (compliance and conformity advice, labelling, marketing and product recalls), anti-bribery legislation (including customer and third party incentive schemes); tobacco law, inquests, health and safety and fire safety.
Stephen’s experience includes:
- regularly advising global retail, food & drink and automotive clients on compliance with advertising and marketing, consumer trading laws and pricing practices;
- regularly advising global food & drink clients on food labelling and marketing including compliance with food information on allergens, compliance with PPDS (prepacked for direct sale) and HFSS (high in fat, salt and sugar) foods;
- leading on complex supply chain discussions and providing business critical advice in relation to the impact of Brexit on UK supply chains and the resulting obligations and responsibilities as well as the changes to food and product safety, labelling and traceability;
- advising retail, telecommunications, construction and automotive clients on product labelling, CE and UKCA Marking and EU / GB conformity; and
- advising an international tobacco product manufacturer on tobacco laws, hybrid products and e-cigarettes;
- advising retail and automotive clients on customer and third-party incentive schemes;
- leading a team assisting in corporate transactions that carries out regulatory due diligence on target companies.
Stephen is an active member of the Health and Safety Lawyers' Association and the Food Law Group.
Stephen qualified in 2015 having trained with the firm which included a secondment with a global car manufacturer and distributor.