Our experienced public procurement team advises on all aspects of public procurement law, from navigating a procurement process and operating a contract in compliance with the rules, to how and when to challenge if those rules are broken.
Shoosmiths’ national public procurement team has a proven track record in assisting clients dealing with procurement issues, whether advising on complex public procurement challenges or providing detailed strategic advice.
Our cross-sector team and our collaborative approach means we are able to provide market-leading legal expertise on all aspects of public procurement.
We work closely with dozens of local authorities, government bodies and businesses on a range of issues, from high value, complex and technical procurement matters, through to routine day-to-day advice. We are also able to use this experience to support commercial bidders throughout the process as well as in the event of bringing and defending challenges.
Specific examples of our experience include:
- Advising a bidder for the TfL ibus2 contract. The services will support TfL and its operators for all contracted service vehicles (buses and trams) across Greater London by providing real time passenger information and vehicle location information to relevant stakeholders and interfacing systems.
- Advising a number of local authorities on urban redevelopment initiatives, including strategic advice on how the projects can be structured in compliance with the procurement rules.
- Advising on confidential procurement challenges against the Ministry of Defence and the Department of Health
- Advising on a procurement challenge following the award of a sale and overage contract to a developer in relation to a major public works and redevelopment project.
- The wider team worked collaboratively in regards to advising and assisting a telecommunications client in relation to a substantial bid valued at £1 billion. Working closely with the clients in-house legal team out of the jurisdiction, external PR company and the client’s procurement team.
We regularly speak at conferences, and often provide training on various aspects of procurement law.
We are taking the lead on the new procurement regime with our series of podcasts acting as an easily digestible guide to the forthcoming changes with the introduction of the Procurement Bill. See our podcast series, “Public Procurement Post Brexit” below.
We understand the importance of being able to navigate the complexities of the public procurement rules as smoothly as possible whatever sector you are in.
That is why Shoosmiths has a national public procurement team working across sectors - cementing our position as leading legal experts.
To learn more about how Shoosmiths’ public procurement team can help you, please contact: [email protected] or [email protected].