Our international arbitration team represents clients in international arbitration proceedings under both English and foreign law.
We conduct arbitrations, in London and internationally, under all the major institutional arbitral rules, including ICSID, ICC, LCIA, DIAC, SIAC, SCC, and UNCITRAL.
Our services include:
- Advising on arbitration agreements
- Conducting arbitrations
- Obtaining interim relief
- Enforcing arbitral awards
- Applications to set aside arbitral awards
- Advising on structuring investments to benefit from treaty protections
We advise clients across the world, from Europe to the Americas, Asia to Africa.
Our lawyers have experience in complex, high-value, arbitrations across all sectors. We also have leading expertise in investment treaty arbitration. Representative cases include:
- Acting for a foreign investor in a multi-million dollar ICSID arbitration against an African State under a bilateral investment treaty in a dispute concerning a large-scale energy project
- Acting for an African State in a multi-million dollar ICSID arbitration brought by an American investor under a bilateral investment treaty
- Acting for an African company in a claim originally estimated to be USD 500 million against a telecommunications network provider in two separate arbitrations under DIFC-LCIA rules and LCIA rules
- Acting in a multi-million dollar BVI IAC arbitration involving US, UK and African parties in a construction dispute in Africa
- Acting for a world-leading UK software provider in a multi-million euro ICC arbitration against a French company relating to a software implementation dispute
- Acting in a four-party dispute against a multi-national company concerning the manufacture of engineering components for a generator for several off-shore oil rigs. The dispute started as an ICC arbitration, proceeding to the Technology and Construction Court in the UK
- Acting for one of the largest hotel chains in three different multi-million-pound UNICTRAL/LCIA arbitrations arising from a technology dispute and COVID
- Acting for a global engineering company in a multi-million dollar LCIA arbitration concerning the design and functionality of control systems for the oil and gas industry
- Acting for a US Nasdaq listed technology company against a major American multinational corporation and technology company in a multi-million dollar UNCITRAL arbitration relating to wireless technology developed under a collaboration agreement
- Acting on various reinsurance multi-million dollar arbitrations seated in Bermuda, New York and London, and ad hoc as well as those governed by institutional rules (notably ARIAS US)
- Acting for a company in the commodities sector in LMAA arbitration involving a significant claim brought against the Korean entity of a well-known global corporate concerning various shipments of steel