We regularly act on distressed disposals, complex receiverships and pre-packaged administrations.
With increasing scrutiny of the insolvency practitioner's role, it is vital you carry out your role within the framework of the insolvency legislation and the regulations provided by governing bodies in the sector. We can guide you through the regulatory structure.
We also undertake litigation on behalf of office holders where necessary to recover assets for the benefit of creditors.
We apply our experience to benefit you in the current deal, whether negotiating favourable terms or implementing a novel transaction structure. We are aware of the possible risks and challenges faced by you as office holders in carrying out your functions, and can provide accurate, technical advice so you do not fall foul of them. We know what issues are likely to be of concern to you and will provide proactive advice to ensure these issues do not prevent you from carrying out your duties effectively.
With all that in mind, we provide practical and commercial advice in connection with a host of issues you are likely to face in any given insolvency, in areas such as employment law (including TUPE issues), environmental, regulatory, licensing and health and safety, particularly if you are running a trading insolvency.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on the administration of Lendy Limited, a company operating a peer-to-peer lending platform
- Advising the administrators of an AIM-listed company operating in the mining sector
- Advising administrators in connection with the disposal of the business and assets of a company operating 17 department stores
- Advising the administrators of Oddbins
- Advising the administrators of a designer and manufacturer of luxury furniture with subsidiaries in the USA.