We understand that the relationships between directors, shareholders and partners are critical to a business. As such when these relationships deteriorate or break down we provide pragmatic advice with the aim of resolving these disputes quickly and efficiently in order to minimise the impact on the business.
Our expertise in corporate disputes includes:
- Disputes arising from corporate sales / acquisitions including breach of warranty claims;
- Board disputes including deadlocked directors;
- Shareholder disputes and unfair prejudice claims;
- Director disputes and claims that directors have breached their duties;
- Partnership and LLP disputes;
- Derivative actions;
- Joint venture disputes; and
- Advising on the removal of directors.
Whilst this gives a flavour of our expertise we very much tailor our approach to suit you. Sometimes this will mean fighting on your behalf through the courts, often it will mean helping you with negotiations and correspondence. Where appropriate, we combine the two approaches to ensure the most effective strategy is used.
A small selection of our recent work includes:
- Advising the former shareholders of one of the world’s leading appliance manufacturers in defending breach of warranty claims worth in excess of €300 million
- Acting for a leading national company in advising on breach of warranty claims arising from a BBC Panorama investigation
- Defending more than a dozen former shareholders from breach of warranty claims worth in excess of £3 million arising from the sale of an industrial business
- Advising a specialist IT solutions company throughout the expert determination process triggered to value the shares of a departing shareholder
- Advising the former shareholders of a global technology company in defending various breach of warranty claims valued in excess of £700,000.