Back to charity law
Privacy and data protection compliance is a reputational issue as well as necessary for protecting the fundamental rights of all those engaging with charities. Charity marketing strategies need to be compliant with eMarketing regulation to protect and maintain charity income. International interactions may need safeguards in place to justify them.
How we can help your charity with data protection
We can work with your charity to identify its core privacy compliance obligations and to devise strategies to tackle the risk-assessed priorities.
Our expert team of Privacy and Data Protection experts advise and support local and global charity clients with all aspects, including:
- Marketing and consent modelling
- Compliance audits
- Risk-assessed strategies
- Data subject rights policies and processes
- Breach, complaints, and regulator investigation support
- International safeguards and contracts
- Website privacy notices and cookies compliance
- FOIA support where there is public authority ownership or public body requests
Some examples of our recent data protection work
Some of our recent projects include:
- Advice to global brands concerning cyber security breaches involving the unauthorised online disclosure of a large amounts of personal data working with approx. 25 regulators. Our work included implementing mitigation actions to reduce the adverse consequences to the brands
- Providing advice to international consumer brands on a variety of compliance matters, including gathering data online for the purpose of marketing and sales promotion and the management of their customer database.
- Being appointed as the DPO and providing advice on data protection compliance issues to market leading businesses involving audits of the whole business and implementing resulting compliance matters.