From Harry Potter to Cambridge Analytica, members in our team have advised at the pinnacle of privacy and data for over 25 years, so you are in safe hands.
We have helped hundreds of clients navigate and prepare for data protection and privacy laws all around the world. This includes every legislative acronym bar none, including the EU/UK GDPR, DPA, PECR, NIS, FOIA, CCPA/CPRA, DMA and DSA.
Here are just a few examples of our work and the challenges we have helped our clients to overcome:
- Acting as an outsourced data protection officer/manager for several global organisations, including in the leisure, advertising, real estate, technology, life sciences and retail sectors
- Delivering a fully configured OneTrust instance and tailored assessments to build a processing and systems inventory for a data mapping project covering 300 business departments
- Providing resource solutions to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), a global FMCG and retail business in the top 5 of the FTSE, and Japanese headquarters of a leading automotive manufacturer
- Advising on over 20 BCRs applications including the world’s first GDPR controller/processor BCR approved by the EDPB
- Litigating a £multi-million dispute arising from a data breach in a precedent-setting claim, and handling notifications to the ICO, FCA, data subjects and police
- Avoiding a costly corporate reorganisation for a retail client by helping to establish a customer reward scheme operating across several companies in the client’s group
- Handling notifications and advising a global business on a data breach affecting 25 countries
- Producing data transfer agreements and assessments, including UK, EU and Chinese standard contractual clauses for a several multi-nationals
- Identifying fundamental compliance weaknesses in the operating model of a data provider, allowing a prospective buyer to invest funds in a target better aligned to its objectives
- Creating a direct marketing re-permissioning strategy for a 100m subscriber CRM database that struck a workable balance between the compliance and commercial needs of the business
- Liaising with regulators on a series of complex data protection complaints, with resolution in the client’s favour
- Creating a policy framework that adopts a practical and streamlined approach to CCTV requests for a client that was increasingly overwhelmed by them
- Helping to reduce the scope of (and then fulfilling) a high volume data subject access request spanning numerous group companies, jurisdictions and data types, all within a short space of time
- Producing and delivering bespoke, multi-language privacy training videos for a global business
- Providing strategic advice to help a client efficiently repaper data transfer clauses for a large volume of its suppliers
- Implementing a streamlined remediation plan within a tight budget allowing for optimally cost-effective compliance risk reduction
- Assisting a global automotive manufacturer monetise connected car data by relying on privacy enhancing technologies and create pure IP income
- Supporting with responses to a data protection regulator’s investigation in relation to a university professor under pressure by a wealthy political figure using data subject rights as a means of censorship
What clients say
“the team punch well above their weight and all take a pragmatic approach to their advice based on their unparalleled experience working with regulators, large multinational, and domestic clients. I think you’d be hard-pressed to find a better privacy team”
“depth of resource within the team, exceptional knowledge of a very technical and evolving area of the law”
“outstanding in managing a significant data incident for our business. Depth of technical knowledge in the team is outstanding and advice is always provided through a sensible commercial lens”
“they fully collaborate with the business and our parties to help find practical, commercial and compliant solutions”
“very good at responding quickly to urgent matters, and excellent at taking complex matters and explaining them in more simple terms so the wider business understands the matter.”
Our insights and community work
We regularly publish articles and notes on the latest developments and trend. See our insights page for more.
Data protection roundups
We provide a regular roundup with the latest legal and industry developments in the world of privacy and data, sign up to get them delivered straight to your inbox.
Take a look at some of our previous editions below.
Policy and industry work
We contribute to legislative discourse and policy in a variety ways, including through our role on advisory boards, industry panels and responses to government consultations.
Please see below our recent consultancy responses.
We are proud to be a Silver Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Lights, Camera, Privacy! podcast
We bring you, Lights, Camera, Privacy!, a podcast series that explores privacy themes within some of the most well-known movies. Whether you're a film buff, a privacy advocate, or simply curious about the intersection of storytelling and privacy, tune in to explore how the big screen tackles privacy.
Listen on Spotify, iTunes or our podcast page, or to a sample episode below.