Dealing with more than 200 corporate and banking transactions each year means we are able to bring experience and a commercial edge to the advice we give you.
Acting for borrowers, lenders and investors means we understand the needs of all parties in financing a transaction.
Clients say we are “one of the most commercial teams in the market” and we pride ourselves on proactively identifying key issues on a transaction by transaction basis. Our role is to find solutions for you, not problems – we understand your needs and deliver advice tailored to meeting those needs.
Recent deals include advising:
- Berkeley De Veer in relation to the £500m acquisition of Avant Homes.
- Gresham House (through its British Strategic Investment Fund) in relation to its investments totalling £175m into Borderlink Broadband to allow it to grow its high speed fibre broadband offering across Scotland and the north of England.
- a UK clearing Bank in relation to the £85m financing of a major national fuel supply business, providing facilities for both the refinance of existing debt and for the ongoing acquisition and expansion plans of the business.
- LHi Group in respect of its sale and funding of approximately 80% of the company share capital to an Employee Ownership Trust.
- Santander UK plc in relation to its £7m funding to support financial completion of Emperor Design Consultants move to employee ownership.
- Boost&Co on its provision facilities to Landmark Underwriting to fund future acquisitions and working capital.
- Bowland Inns and Hotels Limited, trading as James’ Places, in relation to its new £26m refinancing and acquisition facilities from Barclays to support the company's future growth and acquisition plans.
- Cohort plc in respect of its ongoing banking arrangements (and the recent renewal of these) with Lloyds Bank plc, National Westminster Bank Plc and Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft.
- Cavendish Education Group in relation to a multi-million pound loan from a club of banks to assist with its expansion and growth plans in the specialist education market.
- British International Investment plc, the UK development finance institution and impact investor (formerly CDC Group plc), in respect of the a multi-million USD facility to RFL Electronics Limited, a consumer electronics manufacturer based in Bangladesh.
- CPL Industries Group Limited in relation to its £52m principal banking facilities comprised of senior debt from Wells Fargo and Virgin Money and mezzanine debt from Blazehill Capital to refinance existing group debt and facilitating funding for the company’s future investment in cleaner fuels.
- a well-known highstreet and online clothing brand in relation to its £227m term and revolving facilities with an investment lender.
View our recent deals
A selection of deals the Shoosmiths corporate lending team have recently advised on.