The team regularly advises the structuring and documentation of sponsor-led leveraged buyouts, corporate-led acquisitions, bid financings and investment grade financings on both a domestic and international basis.
Financing an acquisition in today’s market requires a detailed understanding of corporate finance transactions and the competing interests of creditors. It also requires clear leadership and proactive transaction management in order to meet often time critical deadlines.
Our broad experience includes acting for some of the UK’s major banks and financial institutions, funds and alternative lenders, borrowers and private equity or venture capital investors across a variety of sectors
Recent deals include advising:
- Livingbridge Enterprises LLP in relation to the debt and equity restructure of one of its portfolio companies - a leading online energy and services provider to off-grid homes across the UK and Northern Ireland.
- Five Arrows Growth Capital backed borrower in relation to a multi-million pound facilities agreement provided by Goldman Sachs in respect of its recent acquisition of Symposium Capital Ltd.
- Five Arrow Principal Investments’ in relation to its refinancing of existing shareholder debt with Golub Capital following its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of the Mintec Group.
- HSBC UK Bank plc in relation to a £16m acquisition finance facility provided to acquire Scottish-based business.
- Santander UK plc on it £20.5m acquisition finance facility to transport software provider Mandata from LDC.
- Shawbrook Bank Limited in relation to its term and receivables financing facilities to the Carnaby Caravans Group.
- HSBC UK Bank plc in relation to its finance facilities provided to a Newcastle-headquartered life sciences marketing agency backed by private equity firm NorthEdge.
- Alpha Group Bidco Limited (and NVM as sponsor) in relation to a loan provided by Thincats as part of the private equity backed MBO of Pareto Facilities Management Ltd.
- Dukes Education Group in relation to its ongoing financing, including most recently a significant multi-million upsize to their senior term and revolving facilities with a syndicate of lenders.
- a well-renowned challenger bank in respect of a multi-million pound cross-jurisdictional facilities agreement provided to an online shopping search engine operating in the UK, France, Sweden, Denmark, Cayman Islands, Germany, Turks and Caicos, The Netherlands, Italy Spain and Norway.
- an investment bank in relation to an acquisition facility and revolving credit facility to one the UK’s leading dental laboratory groups.
- a mid-market private equity firm in respect of the debt funding it was receiving from a clearing bank to partly fund the acquisition of a care management technology business, alongside the investment provided by the private equity firm.
View our recent deals
A selection of deals the Shoosmiths leveraged finance team have recently advised on.