Our team has been involved from the outset in phone hacking litigation. We have successfully acted for a significant number of phone hacking victims, recovering in excess of £3 million to date against the publishers of the News of the World (News Group Newspapers) and against Mirror Group Newspapers.
Our clients include high net worth individuals from the worlds of business, politics, sport, media, music, film and television.
As well as phone hacking, we have also acted for victims of email hacking. Those who have suffered this sort of intrusion can be high profile individuals of interest to the press, or people who have been hacked by their employers when seeking to leave their current employment.
We represent a significant number of individuals who believe they have been a victim of phone hacking on a ‘no win no fee’ basis. This includes both high profile individuals as well as private individuals who may have been of interest due to their connection to a high profile individual.
We have the specialist expertise and experience to help if you feel you may have been a victim of any attempt at phone hacking and/or email hacking or believe that your private information may have been exploited without your permission in any way.
- Acting for many high profile / high net worth clients in the sports and entertainment industry in respect of ‘phone hacking’ claims in the High Court. As can be appreciated, a lot of settled claims are subject to Settlement Agreements and confidentiality provisions.
- Obtaining several harassment injunctions to protect a number of companies and individuals from internet harassment campaigns.
- Advising an MP in the Court of Appeal regarding statements in election newsletters and whether they were statements of fact or opinion.
- Representing a number of claimants whose photographs were wrongly used in newspapers.
- Obtaining a wide variety of Norwich Pharmacal disclosure orders against a number of ISPs, blogs and foreign websites including Google, BT, Twitter, Virgin, Sky and Facebook.