Anjali is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate Litigation team and is recognised as a "key lawyer" in The Legal 500. She specialises in all aspects of commercial property disputes such as contractual disputes, commercial arrears recovery, water ingress disputes, dilapidations and break notices.
She acts on behalf of clients at the onset of litigation, thereby providing advice in terms of mitigation, through to negotiated settlements and court proceedings. She aims to provide succinct, strategic advice whilst focusing on clients' commercial objectives.
Her recent experience includes:
- defending hundreds of court proceedings on behalf of major UK retail occupiers in relation to their response to the Covid-19 pandemic. This included the Lillywhites litigation and the High Court case of AEW UK Reit PLC -v- Sportsdirect.com Retail Limited  EWHC 1013 (QB) which involved defences such as frustration, rent suspension and implied terms;
- acting on behalf of an investor client in relation to a multi-million pound claim issued against them relating to an alleged joint venture agreement;
- successfully settling a water ingress dispute which resulted in the client being compensated for substantial losses it had suffered;
- acting on behalf of retail and hospitality clients in relation to all aspects of commercial property disputes across their entire UK portfolios; and
- providing strategic advice to a client regarding opposed lease renewals in relation to its development strategy.
Anjali's advice is described by clients as "sound and consistent" and she is a "trusted advisor" for many of the firm's clients.