Craig qualified as a pensions lawyer at DLA Piper LLP in 2007 and then moved into the pensions team at Squire Patton Boggs in 2012 where he continued to specialise in pensions and in providing legal advice to both trustees and employers on all aspects of pensions law until 2017.
In 2017 Craig requalified into a tax role with Higgs & Sons LLP and moved into the tax team at Shoosmiths LLP in 2021. Craig is a member of the Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) and is also a Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) and a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT).
Craig has a particular interest in the following areas related to tax:
- tax issues arising in respect of corporate transactions;
- advising on the tax treatment of reorganisations and restructures of corporate groups;
- advising employers who want to put in place incentive schemes/benefit schemes;
- the structuring and taxation of investment funds;
- the taxation of pension benefits.