Lauren joined Shoosmiths in May 2021 as an Associate within the Manchester employment team. Lauren previously worked at Pinsent Masons LLP.
Lauren advises on a full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters.
Lauren works with local and national clients across a variety of sectors. Although Lauren primarily acts for employers, she also has experience of supporting individuals through settlement negotiations and tribunal litigation.
Lauren's recent experience includes:
- defending employment tribunal proceedings, including unfair dismissal, discrimination, TUPE and unlawful deductions from wages;
- advising organisations on day to day employee relations matters;
- reviewing and drafting contracts of employment, handbooks and internal employee policies;
- advising organisations on managing and negotiating exits including settlement agreement proposals and terms;
- providing support to corporate teams advising on the employment law aspects of acquisitions and investments; and
- supporting organisations with any employment law training needs.