Lucy is an Associate in Shoosmiths' Employment practice and advises on a wide variety of employment law issues. Her expertise includes advising commercial and individual clients in both contentious and non-contentious matters. She prides herself on her ability to build a good rapport with clients and uses sound judgement to give pragmatic, commercial and results driven advice. Lucy's clients are largely in the Financial Services and the Retail & Consumer sectors.
Her experience includes:
- providing advice to organisations on day-to-day employee relations matters such: as disciplinaries, grievances, family leave, discrimination and sickness absence;
- assisting clients with the employment aspects of M&A transactions and investments;
- guiding employees and employers through redundancy exercises;
- managing and negotiating exits including settlement agreement proposals and terms;
- drafting and reviewing employment contracts and directors’ service agreements; and
- supporting organisations with any employment law training needs.
Lucy also has experience in advising a variety of UK and international clients in the recruitment industry, including staffing companies and other employment intermediaries in relation to a range of evolving regulatory issues including: the Off-Payroll (IR35) Legislation, the Agency Worker Regulations and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations.
Lucy was admitted as a solicitor of England and Wales in 2018 and joined Shoosmiths in January 2022. She is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.