Shoosmiths are better in more ways than you think.
We've pulled together an outstanding benefits package to complement our competitive remuneration system.
In addition to the competitive salaries, great working environment and high-quality work, we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm through a comprehensive and flexible range of benefits.
These can include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
- Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times your salary
- Holiday starting at 25 paid working days per annum, with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to 'flex' twice a year - January and July
- 'Happy Birthday!' - have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won't take it from your annual entitlement)
- Private health care (discounted prices for children)
- Dental health care
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Staff introduction bonus scheme
- Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
- Discounted conveyancing
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Senior-level employees can enjoy additional benefits including health screening and permanent health insurance
We actively promote and implement a healthy work-life balance. Whilst we work hard here, we don't want work to dominate your life. If you've done what you need to do, then it's time to log off - there's no 'face-time' at Shoosmiths.
Sometimes the people we want to work here are unable to work a typical nine-to-five day. In these cases, we'll look at different working patterns and flexible working hours to help you fit your job to your life and your life to your job. We're ready to listen to any suggestions from anyone and consider any reasonable request.
We embrace hybrid working with a focus on improving both the employee and client experience. Where roles and business areas permit, we are working both from home and the office in accordance with client needs. Particular arrangements are agreed to suit different teams and we trust our colleagues to manage this balance to maximise the benefits of both.
To ensure we make the most of our time in the office, we've made them places that people like to be and to gather, socialise, collaborate, learn and develop. We have created friendly calm environments with state of the art facilities; modern work-stations, excellent IT, break-out and interactive areas, lots of natural light and clean, well-stocked kitchens.
Family friendly policies
We are committed to creating a flexible and family friendly workplace to support our people through key life events. Subject to eligibility, our range of family friendly policies, complemented by our flexible and hybrid working principles provide for:
- Enhanced maternity pay of 26 weeks at full pay
- Enhanced adoption pay of 26 weeks at full pay
- Enhanced shared parental pay – up to 24 weeks at full pay
- Enhanced co-parent pay of 12 weeks at full pay
Our enhanced pay policies have a minimum service qualifying period
- Pathways to parenthood
- Assisted conception – paid time off (up to 5 days per cycle) under our Fertility Policy for those undergoing treatment and up to 2 days full pay for those whose partner or surrogate is undergoing treatment in a 12 month period.
- Adoption – paid time off for up to 5 adoption appointments for named main adopter.
- Baby loss – all employees affected by early pregnancy loss before 24 weeks (including partners and those with a surrogate mother) are entitled to up to 10 days of leave at full pay, regardless of length of service
Flexibility in day-to-day working patterns will additionally be considered.